PROMOTERS & MATCHMAKERS
It is the DUTY and RESPONSIBILITY of the Event Promoter and or Matchmaker to inform ( by mail, fax or e-mail ) each Fighter and his/her Trainer(s) of ALL the REQUIRED WMMA FC Rules and Regulations. Each Fighter and his/her Trainer(s) are Required to Abide By when Participating on an WMMA FC Sanctioned Event BEFORE they arrive at the event.
1. SCHEDULED TIME:
▪ Promoters must schedule a weigh-in window (Window is a time frame such as from 5 to 8 PM) that is no more than 3 hours in time.
▪ Your official weigh-ins may take place on two separate days or one.
▪ In some special circumstances, two weigh-in windows shall be allowed.
▪ The day before your event and or the day of your event.
▪ Weigh-in time windows are to be no more then 3 hours in length.
▪ Fighters who miss this weigh-in „Time Window” will be scratched from the event unless a valid explanation/reason is given to your WMMA FC Event Representative as to why they cannot make the weigh-in window
▪ EVERY Fighter and Trainer has the right to witness their opponents weigh-in.
2. „MANDATORY” REQUIREMENTS FOR UFCF REPRESENTATIVE FROM PROMOTER:
▪ Promoter must supply a TYPED FULL and DETAILED Bout Sheet for the WMMA FC Event representative overseeing the weigh-ins.
This sheet shall include:
▪ Every Fighters name – Typed out and spelled correctly.
▪ Match-ups – Who is fighting who?
▪ Rule style each bout is to be fought under.
▪ Maximum weight matchmaker has requested each fighter to be.
▪ Each fighters FULL STATS:
▪ Name, City, State, Country, Record, Weight, Height, Date of Birth, Trainers Name, Trainers Contact Number.
▪ Promoter must supply 2 Tables and 4 Chairs for the WMMA FC Staff to conduct weigh-ins and acquire fighter information.
3. WEIGH-IN ROOM:
▪ Promoter must supply an area to fit all the fighters, trainers and officials.
▪ Promoter must supply the weigh-in scale. WMMA FC official conducting weigh in may opt to use the official WMMA FC scale in place of the promoter’s scale.
▪ If not DIGITAL, Promoter must supply a 150 lbs of 25 pound plates to assure scale accuracy.
▪ Scale location and WMMA FC Staff Tables must be in close proximity.
4. TIME PRIOR TO EVENT:
▪ Fighters shall weigh-in no more than 27 hours prior to the scheduled time of the event start time.
▪ All Fighters must be present at the OFFICIAL EVENT WEIGH-INS.
▪ All fighters and trainers are allowed to witness personally their opponents weigh-in on ALL WMMA FC bouts.
▪ If desired so, they must be present at the weigh-in START times.
6. MISSED OR LATE TO WEIGH-IN:
▪ If a fighter or the fighter’s chief cornerman/trainer fails to attend the weigh-ins within the time suggested weigh-in window, they could face a suspension.
▪ They may also be DROPPED from the event AND be charged for ALL Expenses the promoter occurred for them to be on the event.
7. WEIGH-IN ANNOUNCEMENTS:
▪ At the weigh-ins, trainers and fighters will be informed of the following:
▪ Time to show-up at Venue
▪ When & Where the event rules meeting will be.
▪ The time of pre-fight physicals if not done at the weigh-ins.
8. MAKING WEIGHT:
▪ Fighters may attempt to make weight as many times as necessary but only during the scheduled weigh in times at the scheduled location.
-If a fighter does not make weight during the final scheduled weigh in:
▪ If a TITLE HOLDER defending their title they will automatically lose their title on the Scale.
▪ If the two fighters are still within a legal weight spread they may still be allowed to fight at a catch weight, but no title will be on the line.
▪ If a NON TITLE HOLDER and they are fighting for a VACANT title, the fighter not making weight will automatically lose the title on the scale.
▪ If the two fighters are still within a legal weight spread they may still be allowed to fight at a catch weight they may still be allowed to fight, but no title will be on the line.
▪ ANY FIGHTER, not making their title weight may be required to pay the promoter for all expenses related to their bout which includes title sanctioning, travel expenses for BOTH fighters and any additional financial investments made by the event promoter as approved by the WMMA FC.
• RULES MEETING:
▪ The pre-fight meeting could take place directly after the weigh-ins or prior to event on the day of the event.
▪ The promoter must supply an area to fit all the fighters, trainers and officials in that is private from the public.
2. WHO SHALL ATTEND
▪ Fighters, officials and trainers ONLY may attend the official rules meeting.
▪ Fighters and trainers must be present at the PRE-FIGHT RULES MEETING.
▪ Unless a Special Circumstance has been approved by the Event Promoter and the WMMA FC Event Representative.
▪ ABSOLUTELY no family, friends or fans may attend.
3. FIGHTER INFORMATION GIVEN
▪ Along with a general rules review, at the pre-fight meeting, trainers and fighters will be assigned the following
▪ The corner color from which they will fight out of.
▪ Where their dressing rooms are.
▪ The event fight order.
4. MISSED OR LATE TO RULES MEETING
▪ If an AMATEUR Fighter or their chief cornerman/trainer is late to the fighter rules meeting they could face a suspension.
▪ ANY Fighter may be DROPPED from the event AND be charged for ALL Expenses the promoter occurred for them to be on the event.
5. REPORTING TO THE VENUE
▪ Fighters and trainers must check in with the WMMA FC official when they arrive at the venue at the scheduled report time given to them at weigh-in and in their itinerary.