NUMBER OF ALLOWED CORNERMEN:
▪ You are allowed „2” cornermen/women total in the fighters corner. 3 will be allowed for title fights.
▪ One may enter the ring on the round break.
▪ One may stand outside the ropes on the ring platform.
▪ One shall remain on the floor of the venue.
YOUR ACTION DURING ROUND BREAKS:
◦ Stay in your corner of the ring.
◦ Do not aggressively complain to the referee. Calm discussion is allowed if you wish the referee to pay closer attention to something the other fighter may be doing.
◦ Always clean up the fighter’s corner when a round break is over. (Ice, water etc.)
◦ If you feel your fighter is injured from something like a cut or symptoms of a head or body injury, you may request to the referee to have the ringside physician look at your fighter to assure their safety and that they are fit to continue to the next round.
◦ NO THROWING WATER during the round breaks.
3. DURING THE FIGHTING ROUNDS
◦ All Cornermen/Trainers are required to keep their shoulders below the ring mat level during a bout.
◦ If you choose to sit on the ring corner stairs, keep your shoulders below the ring mat level.
◦ DO NOT Use Rude or Abusive Language when coaching from your corner and Do not Yell abusive language or remarks at your fighter’s opponent.
◦ NO THROWING of ANY OBJECT during the bout
◦ Do not stand up or lean on the edge of the ring mat/floor when bout is in progress.
◦ Do not slap the ring mat when the bout is in progress when bout is in progress.
◦ Do not touch the ring ropes until the bell sounds ending the round!
◦ During the bout and even when the round is coming to an end, DO NOT climb up towards the ring!
4. PROMOTERS EVENT EQUIPMENT
◦ Do not cut ANY part of the fight gloves.
◦ If you or your fighter or anyone associated with you, abuse, harm or destroy any property owned or regulated by the promoter or the WMMA FC you will be charged for the damages and be subject to a possible suspension. All fines and suspensions shall be determined by the WMMA FC .
5. CORNER MATERIALS & USE
◦ Vaseline is the only substance that can be used on a fighters face.
◦ The use of BenGay, IcyHot, and other such sports cremes is NOT permitted at all.
◦ Liniment rubs such as Muay Thai Oil etc., may not be used on the fighters „BODY”
◦ The use of Monsel’s Solution for the stopping of hemorrhage in the ring is prohibited.
◦ No „Smelling Salts” or related medicines are allowed in the corner. The use of shall result in immediate disqualification.
◦ Each Corner Team must provide their fighter a pail, athletic tape, water bottle, and towel.
6. THROWING IN THE TOWEL
◦ Chief cornerman may throw a towel into the ring to stop the bout if they feel their fighter is getting beat too badly or if they feel their fighter is outclassed. This saves the referee from making a questionable stop and is considered an honorable move by the corner, who has done so to protect his or her fighter. After doing so the cornerman must immediately follow the towel by going through the ropes and into the ring. DO NOT throw the towel at your opponent or the referee.